Having holistic practioners on your call list for acute situations is strongly encouraged. It truly takes a village to care for a new parent, children, home, and everything else in our busy lives. Here are some helpful ideas to learn how to prevent and heal in your home.
Cod Liver Oil + Elderberry Syrup Shot
Excellent during change of seasons and mid-winter
1 Squirt: Fermented Cod Liver Oil + 1 Tablespoon: Elderberry Syrup in a shot glass.
Real Food Eater shares this recipe with great research benefits of cod liver oil and elderberry syrup. There's also a link on how to make homemade elderberry syrup here and here. Most health food stores carry both, or purchase cod liver oil through Radiant Life or Oregon's Wild Harvest.
Thieves Oil and Similar Air Cleaners
Recipe to ward off colds and flu. (if household is over the age of 10.)
Anti Germ Recipe (if anyone in household is under age of 10.)
- American Anti-Cancer Institute
- Natural Cancer Cure, Dr. Jerry Lee Hoover, N.D. - important for EVERYONE to read!
- The Cancer Control Society
- The Truth About Cancer
- The Radical Remission Project
- Chris Beat Cancer blog: a chemo-free survivor's health blog
A Gentle Vaccine Detox For Children, Living Whole
- The Most Simple, Effective and Healthy Ways to Overcome An Ear Infection, Raising Kids Naturally, 2011
- The Teal Pumpkin Project for an Allergy-Friendly Halloween, FARE blog (food allergies)
- Halloween: A Trick or A Treat?, Raising Natural Kids, September 2013
- 13 Nutrition Lies That Made The World Sick And Fat, Authority Nutrition, September 2013
Websites To Follow
- Authority Nation
- BuzzFeed - Food
- Eat Local Grown Food
- Essential Traditions/Read Food Real Frugal
- Dr. Mercola
- Green Living Advice with Dr. Lisa Bronner
- Medical Medium
- Moms Across America
- Organic Consumers Association
- Our Body Book (The Body Book by Cameron Diaz)
- The Nutritional Healing Center Blog - Ann Arbor
- Thinking Moms Revolution
- Weston A. Price Foundation