Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
There is a need in our modern world to support women as they become mothers. This is a time of transformation - as no parent is the same after the birth of their child(ren.) Join your community of helpers encouraging women to find peace in their pregnancy, birth with confidence, and trust they are capable of handling whatever comes their way.
Who is Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training for?
Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training (PYTT) is ideal for yoga teachers, and suitable for those in the perinatal fields (nurses, midwives, doulas, doctors, etc.) who have some yoga experience along with a desire to gain greater wisdom to better assist women during pregnancy, birthing and beyond.*
This program is split into two parts: Basic and Advanced Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training.
Perinatal professionals and yoga teachers who simply want to gain wisdom to accommodate an expecting woman in their field of work will benefit from the Basic level of the curriculum.
Elise Bowerman is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP), therefore offering 34 contact hours of CEU's for the Basic Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training portion.
The Advanced level is for those who would like to continue studying in order to teach Prenatal Yoga classes, and those who are eligible to receive the Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (RPYT) designation through YA.
This program is split into two levels: Basic and Advanced Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training.
Sweet Momma Yoga's curriculum surpasses the minimum required contact hours of 75; by offering a total of 82. The majority of hours are in advanced training. The hours together ensure a deep respect and understanding of the expecting woman.
Basic Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
Students will gain a solid foundation for supporting pregnant women in this 37 hour training.
35+ yoga postures for safe sequencing
- Trimester break-down options
- Options / Modifications
- Proper use of props
Anatomy and physiology during pregnancy
- Effects on mother and baby
- Chakras, Nadis, Koshas, and Gunas
- Support mothers-to-be during common complications
Psychological factors during pregnancy
- Life experiences
- Notice and relieve emotional stress
- Pranayama / Breathing Exercises
- Meditation / Visualizations / Mantras
- Chanting / Toning
- Mindfulness / Awareness Techniques
History of yoga and how it pertains to the expecting woman
Encouragement, empowerment and choices during pregnancy, birth and beyond
- Provider care
- Medications / Vaccinations
- Postpartum healing
Healthcare provider relationship
Build your prenatal yoga business
Advanced Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
This 28 hour in-class training plus 20 hours of observations/teachings will raise students to the next level as prenatal yoga teachers. Students must have completed Sweet Momma Yoga's Basic Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training in order to attend the Advanced training.
Continued sequencing from Basic PYTT
- Sequencing for each trimester
- Beginner to advanced yoga students
- Assisting / Adjusting
- Verbal cues
- Physical assistance
Postpartum Yoga / Mom + Baby Yoga classes
Partner Prenatal Yoga Workshops
Ancient Rituals / Blessingway
Postpartum Support for Mother and Baby
- First year after baby’s arrival
- Depression and/or Anxiety
- Infant care / infant massage
Teaching and Observations with Elise Bowerman
* All students will receive a certificate of completion for level(s) completed, continuing education hours, and will be able to thread the knowledge learned safely and effectively in their given perinatal careers.
It is not necessary to be registered with Yoga Alliance in order to teach Prenatal Yoga. Sweet Momma Yoga's Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training program exceeds YA standards; therefore, providing a solid foundation for Prenatal, and even Postnatal Yoga teachers.
Eligibility to receive the RPYT designation from YA is as follows (per YA compliance):
- Student must complete the 85 hours of Sweet Momma Yoga Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training program (Basic + Advanced levels) in order to receive a certificate of completion, and
- Student must hold a minimum RYT 200 with Yoga Alliance, and
- Student must teach 30 hours of Prenatal Yoga classes after submitting the upgrade request to Yoga Alliance.
It is the student's responsibility to correspond with YA ensuring they are in good standing and eligible for RPYT status. The requirements for eligibility may change at any time without notice. Visit the YA website (www.yogalliance.org) for detailed information.
Request an Application
Upon acceptance into the PYTT program you may then submit payment to hold your spot:
- Pay online through MindBody here.
- Mail a check made payable to Sweet Momma Yoga,
2510 S. Telegraph Rd., Ste. L #253, Bloomfield Hills MI 48302, or
- Pay with cash to Elise directly prior to the due date.
Thank you for considering this program as your Prenatal Yoga teaching foundation!